Whether you need advice on how to set up a new charity or social enterprise, want to incorporate an existing one, or need to talk through with us a tricky governance issue, we have the required expertise.
Our services cover a wide range of areas including:
- Advising on suitable legal structures for new charities and social enterprises;
- Advising on the pros and cons of becoming a charity;
- Drafting constitutions/trust deeds or other forms of governing document;
- Registering charitable incorporated organisations, charitable companies, community interest companies, and industrial and provident societies;
- Incorporation of existing charitable trusts and associations;
- Registering as a charity with the Charity Commission;
- Reviewing and updating governing documents;
- Establishing a trading arm for a charity;
- Drafting funding agreements;
- Advising trustees on trustee benefits and conflicts of interest;
- Drafting or reviewing policies on issues such as conflicts of interest;
- Dealing with the Charity Commission, Community Interest Company Regulator and the Financial Conduct Authority on a range of regulatory issues;
- Winding up a solvent organisation
We are always happy to talk things through with you a no obligation basis so do get in touch and we will be able to discuss with you the best way forward.
Consultancy services to other law firms
We will work alongside your solicitors as if we are a part of your firm adding value to the advice you provide using the benefit of our experience in dealing with complex matters of charity law. As part of this service we can talk through charity issues with your fee earners, or talk to your clients direct as a consultant for your law firm, and/or attend meetings with you and your clients.
“Tessa has worked with us on a number of projects where she has provided specialist advice on aspects of Charity Law. I have been impressed, not only with Tessa’s ability to work to tight deadlines, but also with her ability to offer practical ‘real-world’ solutions to what are often complex issues”.
Paul Maclennan, Partner, Anderson Law LLP
If you are interested in finding out how our consultancy service can help you provide the best advice to your charity clients, please get in touch with Tessa Hennessy.
Training, seminars & workshops
We also provide bespoke training for boards of trustees at a time and place to suit you. While trustee training will focus on the primary duties and obligations of being a trustee and what the Charity Commission expects, we will tailor make it to your particular needs depending on what work your charity does.
If you are interested in finding out more about our seminar programme, or bespoke training for trustees please get in touch and we will happy to discuss your needs on a no obligation basis.